I definitely wasn’t expecting to come home from work on Friday to see the Rimmel London The Only One Matte Lipstick Range waiting at my door – definitely a nice surprise for the end of the week – Rimmel must obviously be a firm believer in the age ol’ beauty saying “If you find a winning lipstick formula . . .make a matte version” as this collection builds on the Rimmel The Only One Lipstick – which I haven’t actually ever tried so there won’t be any comparisons in this post – that they launched around this time last year
The Rimmel London The Only One Matte Lipstick – £4.99 via Boots – is a “new generation” of matte lip colour with a non-drying formula that is easy to wear. These 9 lipsticks has been designed to have a high coverage, high pigmentation formula with a velvet like finish that allows the perfect balance of high impact matte colour, moisture, all day comfort and staying power.
I’ve been lucky enough to have been given the following 8 lipsticks out of the collection:-
- Rimmel Leader Of The Pink The Only One Matte Lipstick
- Rimmel Call The Shots The Only One Matte Lipstick
- Rimmel Salute The Only One Matte Lipstick
- Rimmel Take The Stage The Only One Matte Lipstick
- Rimmel High Flyer The Only One Matte Lipstick
- Rimmel Look Who’s Talking The Only One Matte Lipstick
- Rimmel Run The Show The Only One Matte Lipstick
- Rimmel The Matte Factor The Only One Matte Lipstick
and personally I feel that Rimmel London have fulfilled many of their claims attached to these lipsticks.
I’ve only tried two but both lipsticks were very comfortable, lasted roughly 4 hours and had great pigmentation. The only thing that really bugs me about this lipstick is its scent.
I don;t know if I’m being very sensitive or not but the Rimmel London The Only One Matte Lipstick Range has a very cheap, chemical smell attached to it which I really don’t like. I don’t think the scent is enough to be off-putting but its definitely noticeable (at least to my nose)